Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This is your life...

"I haven't got anything together and I can stop looking for some hidden door that's going to someday open up to my real, perfect life and I can stop waiting and I can start laughing praise, because this wondrous mess, this is it." ~ Ann Voskamp

Pause.

Sit still.

Take a deep breath.

Who are you, right now?

How do you experience your days?

What are your greatest accomplishments?

Who do you pour your love and energy into?

What brings you the most joy and fulfillment?

This is who you are, right now, in this place and time, laying aside all dreams and expectations.

Embrace that reality and allow it to be enough.

Don’t worry about what tomorrow may bring.

Love someone today, right where you are.

Rest in the knowledge you are loved.

Be present here and now.

Take a deep breath.

Sit still.

Pause.

You do not have to have a grand story of redemption and reconciliation leading to a life of great service.

You do not have to boast of heroic deeds and sacrificial accomplishments.

You do not have to fit into unrealistic societal expectations.

Do not dwell on what you are not, or what you could be, or what you might have been.

Rest in who you are – a dearly loved child of the creator of the universe, summoned with the task to love God back, love his creation (which includes yourself), and love one another.

Rest in the fact that as you wake each day with the purpose of receiving, being and giving love, that your life will continue to grow and change, and that you don’t have to be anxious about where that change is leading.

Rest in the knowledge that God Is.

Rest in God’s grace.

Rest in God.

Rest.

“People always say how you should be yourself. Like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster or something. Like you know what it is, even. But every so often, I'll have, like, a moment when just being myself, and my life, like, right where I am, is, like, enough.” ~ Angela Chase (My So-Called Life)

1 comment:

  1. I will be your virtual assistant with 100% accuracy.if you looking for someone to do your data entry,then you came to the right place.i will assist with all data entry or administrative work you need to be done. @@@Unlimited-Revision@@@@
    I have over 3 years experience In this field. Virtual Assistant

    ReplyDelete